1.What is your name, company name and product you sell?
My name is Jeannie Trelles, my company is Vikse Designs, and I design and make semi-precious stone and sterling silver jewelry.
2. What prompted you to start your own business?
After many years of collecting beads and making jewelry in my free time, I decided about four years ago that it was time to turn my hobby into a business. Before joining Showroom, I sold my jewelry primarily at art festivals.
3. Tell us a little bit about your design process.
I usually pick a stone or strand of beads that I want to build a piece of jewelry around. I may have a general idea of the design when I start a piece, but it usually changes as I select the colors and shapes that best complement my focal stone.
4. When are you the most inspired? What inspires you?
I am most inspired when I have new materials that I am excited to use, especially stones that I have purchased traveling abroad. I also am very inspired by working with a client to create a one of a kind piece specifically for them.
5. Name 3 things that you absolutely must have in your workplace.
Coffee, good lighting, and room to spread out my beads.
6. Outside of your business as Showroom, do you have any other interests or hobbies?
It’s not a hobby, but I have my Master’s degree in Cello Performance and I teach cello lessons and perform…
7. Whats your favorite way to relax and “get away”?
I love to travel. Peru is my favorite destination.
8. With the Holiday season upon us, what are you most looking forward too in the next couple months?
I am looking forward to spending time with family and friends that are in town for the holidays.